Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#47208 06/29/14 09:08 AM
OP Offline
A couple of years ago people voiced their disappointment that the tracks John and Louis performed didn't make the final cut of Analogue Circuit. This was due to technical difficulties if I remember correctly

In response Rob mentioned that an overview of John and Louis' work will be coming out.There has been no mention of this since as far as I'm aware.Are there still plans for this Rob? Will it be a straight forward compilation if it happens? Any chance of unreleased material/alternative mixes eg the mix of Cities Of Light on the Japanese compilation from a few years ago?

The Archive
The Archive
Originally Posted By: Your Shadow
A couple of years ago people voiced their disappointment that the tracks John and Louis performed didn't make the final cut of Analogue Circuit. This was due to technical difficulties if I remember correctly

In response Rob mentioned that an overview of John and Louis' work will be coming out.There has been no mention of this since as far as I'm aware.Are there still plans for this Rob? Will it be a straight forward compilation if it happens? Any chance of unreleased material/alternative mixes eg the mix of Cities Of Light on the Japanese compilation from a few years ago?

Yes, a John Foxx And Louis Gordon compilation / retrospective is still going to happen at some point - but there have been so many other projects which have been released in the meantime : Rhapsody, Exponentialism, the limited edition vinyl version of Underpass, Metadelic, European Splendour, Empty Avenues, In The Glow Madrid 1983, The Good Shadow, B-Movie (Ballardian Video Neuronica), the limited edition white vinyl version of Metamatic and The Virgin Years box set. crazy

The Japanese compilation CD you mention - Omoiyari For Japan : International Music Rescue Vol.2 - included the Original Version of Invisible Women V2. I can't confirm (at this stage) whether or not the particular track will ever appear anywhere else.

It's hoped that we'll be able to get working on that project in the not too distant - but there are already at least half a dozen others, which are currently in progress, which stand a very good chance of being released before that. wink

Rob

OP Offline
Thanks for your speedy response Rob.

I appreciate that you have been busy with so many projects and with many more behind the scenes.

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.