Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#47116 05/16/14 04:20 PM
I
OP Offline
I
On my birthday in Flemish speaking Belgium , THE LEVELLERS headlining the Gladiolen Fest

Mine will be Wrangler at the Hare & Hounds Kings Heath Birmingham in August

Brian

Gary Numan hammersmith,November.

Verde in Siikainen, August.

Last edited by Karwin; 07/09/14 08:43 PM. Reason: 42.
Mine will no longer be Wrangler at the Hare & Hounds Brum since it seems to have been cancelled and I've been offered a refund.

confused

Brian

Originally Posted By: Karwin
Verde in Siikainen, August.

That happened last Satday night in the countryside of live. Good concert.

I play bird sounds in Verde - I only go to my own concerts, -ha! -ha! -ha! Next concert: ecopop band Vompatti in Panelia 30th of August.

I've taken my Wrangler ticket refund and invested it in a ticket to see The Horrors at the Institute Birmingham on September 29th.

Brian

Not definite yet, but thinking of going to Synthetic City 2 at the Actress & Bishop Birmingham 27th September.

Vile Electrodes
Analogue Angel
KirA
Among The Echoes

All the above on the bill! (okay - don't know anything about KirA or Amomg The Echoes, but I'm a big fan of the other two grin)

Anyone going?

I
OP Offline
I
Graham Parker Going back to see him in Liverpool early September on stage with Brinsley Schwarz the artist as opposed to the eponymous pub rock band to which he gave his name and subsequently transformed into The Rumour I saw Graham Parker and The Rumour supporting Thin Lizzy at Liverpool Stadium as a callow youth four decades ago! He's ace is Graham, Springsteen, Dylan and Van Morrison collectively can't hold a candle to him.

Administrator
Administrator

Adam Ant - Kings Of The Wild Frontier in Oxford on Wednesday.
The Machine Stops in Eastleigh on Thursday.
Marc Almond in London in July

Nothing that will surprise anyone laugh

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
P
P
Bryan Ferry at the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, Tennessee on August 2nd.

Hopefully, if I can make one of the dates, my next gig will be one of these...

I
OP Offline
I
Just over 2 weeks before I return to the wonderful city on the Mersey that unfortunately shares a name with an odious football team to see the godlike Graham Parker As I've probably said on here weed addled Dylan, suoerbore Springsteen(the Ray wilkinsor/ Owen Hargreaves*of music) and fattie Van Morrison can't hold a collective candle to him.

*take your pick according to your age

addendum
yes indeed I have said this about 5 posts ago "The sentiment remains the same maaaan !"

Last edited by Ivan Basso; 08/23/16 01:55 PM.
Originally Posted By: Ivan Basso
Just over 2 weeks before I return to the wonderful city on the Mersey that unfortunately shares a name with an odious football team to see the godlike Graham Parker As I've probably said on here weed addled Dylan, suoerbore Springsteen(the Ray wilkinsor/ Owen Hargreaves*of music) and fattie Van Morrison can't hold a collective candle to him.

*take your pick according to your age

addendum
yes indeed I have said this about 5 posts ago "The sentiment remains the same maaaan !"

Better get the Parker CDs up to Alice then Ivan!

M
M
The Cure, Helsinki 7.10.2016

I
OP Offline
I
Enjoy !

I hope to see The Cure at Milan 1.11.16

P
P
It's been 15 years since I've had the pleasure of seeing the godlike Graham Parker, but you're absolutely correct. Of the artists you've mentioned, I have two Van Morrison albums [my wife's, actually], a single Dylan LP [her's again], but Parker? 13, and I'd like them all! My wife also had some Parker albums before we met, so her taste is excellent. Neither of us would deign to own any Springsteen!

Of the Angry Young Men Of New Wave ® [i.e. Jackson, Costello, and Parker] he is by far the most consistent as well as the least pretentious of them. I own three Jackson albums, own and enjoy about 10/12 Costello albums, but would like to own GP's complete output.

Last edited by postpunkmonk; 09/28/16 04:08 PM.

P
P
Gulp! My actual next concert will be… Midge Ure at The Earl in Atlanta on October 15th. It had better be good! At least he has a band in tow this time. I'd sooner lose a limb than see him playing acoustic guitar. Part of me is regretting this but I've never seen him or Ultravox, so this is more like unfinished business with me. Lately, I've felt bad about denigrating Ure on my blog, and I'm hopeful that I'll enjoy this, even though at least half of this will be solo material [ugh.] I'm looking forward to the Rich Kids, Visage, and Ultravox material. Can you sense my ambivalence?

P
P
Well the Midge Ure concert on October 15th was excellent. So excellent, that my wife [who called him "the Phil Collins of Ultravox"] was immediately ready to catch his show in a much bigger/nicer venue in January. So our next concert will also be…Midge Ure in January in Nashville, Tennessee. Tickets and lodging have been already purchased. The lean, tight trio made even problematic material like "If I Was" sound better than it ever has. Lots of rock crunch, but enough synths to give material like "Fade To Grey," "The Voice," and "Vienna" the scope they needed. Ure was in a great space, overall. It felt great to finally hear these songs after 36 years!

I
OP Offline
I
Enjoy !

Just procured my ticket 74 euro Should be a belter : I'll have to shop around now for a big massive wig , lipstick and have 12 days to put on 3 stone in weight so I can pay my personal tribute to Fat Bob

Enjoy !

Just procured my ticket 74 euro Should be a belter : I'll have to shop around now for a big massive wig , lipstick and have 12 days to put on 3 stone in weight so I can pay my personal tribute to Fat Bob

I briefly looked into gracing The Cure with my presence in Bologna too, but for 75 euros (per person, I'd be too scared to go alone..) there's loads of other things I could rather do... Seeing Fat Bob from 1.5 km distance with poor acoustics isn't one of them.

I
OP Offline
I
Originally Posted By: MemberD
Enjoy !

I briefly looked into gracing The Cure with my presence in Bologna too, but for 75 euros (per person, I'd be too scared to go alone..) there's loads of other things I could rather do... Seeing Fat Bob from 1.5 km distance with poor acoustics isn't one of them.

Fair comment Membs I guess your opera glasses (lorgnettes) would not suffice from that distance , so a further 75 euro on a decent pair of field glasses I'll only be about 200 metres away in settore C. I will still probably be able to touch his beer/ale gut from there !
Face value of ticket 51 50 then there were various add-ons . Robbing gets !

Last edited by Ivan Basso; 10/21/16 03:44 PM.
M
M
October 2016 is already history. For me it was a very eventful month as far as attending gigs go. Here is the list of artists I saw last month:

- The Cure
- Eric Random
- Marsheaux
- Rusty Egan & Chris Payne feat. Erik Stein
- Cult With No Name
- John Foxx & Steve D'Agostino feat. Karborn & Katia Isakoff
- Jimi Tenor & Jori Hulkkonen
- Jean Michel Jarre

I
OP Offline
I
Smithy played a blinder last night Nearly 3 hours on stage Voice perfect 16000 im Milan Assago forum Highlighty in a sea of jewels A Forest

Last edited by Ivan Basso; 11/02/16 09:04 PM.
Three Hours of Imaginary Boys? Not sure I could last three hours!

Hoping to see Hannah Peel later this month and Autechre as well.

P
P
Tonight it's Centrozoon in a house concert. Actually, it's being held in a recording studio in town, so that will be interesting.

M
M
- Midge Ure at the Union Chapel (London UK) 17 December 2016
- Adam Ant at the Roundhouse (London UK) 18 December 2016

P
P
Oh my gosh… Midge Ure again in Nashville on Jan. 23rd.

Administrator
Administrator

It's February again, so it must be time for Cloudbusting in Wimborne

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
P
P
Tickets purchased already for the following:

March 18 - Roedelius | Asheville
March 21/22 - Magnetic Fields | Raleigh
June 7 - Nick Cave + The Bad Seeds | Asheville

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.