Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#40456 06/27/11 02:55 PM
OP Offline
Of course, living out here we have been flooded with money raising events. One that caught my eye for a number of reasons is the CD compilation release by the promoter who brought John and Louis to Japan back in 2008 (after a brief 25 year hiatus!).

The first compilation had some old gems, including a good Undertones track ("Thrill Me"), and a live version of "She's Not There" by the Zombies. Then the second compilation was announced, and included "Invisible Women V2" by John and Louis. Cool!

Linguists of the Japanese language could get tongue tied when translating "original version", and this track is titled "Unreleased Original Version" so make of that what you will! It is not a tweak of the track on the published CD and apart from the repeated lyric "Invisible Women" you'd find it hard to draw any comparison (IMHO) so it makes for a very interesting addition to a collectors catalogue! This is Raw! I like it!

I do like it, but have to confess that the published version was never on the "play list" too often, so doesn't hold any nostalgiac values for me. If the CD version was close to "Burning Car", then this one is more "20th Century".

JPY 2100 sounds expensive, but exchange rates have had a big effect on Japan, and this means that the price now in GBP (GBP 16) is much higher than the Yen's usual territory which would price this at just over GBP 10.

Bite the bullet and spend the money! Not only do you get a great Foxx/Gordon rarity, but there are some other gems worth listening to as well: stuff I'd never buy, but enjoyed listening too - Salsa, A Greater Notion, and the uncategorisable - Shinjuku Junction. It's diverse!

OK, so this is the second compilation - but hey、buy both!! 頑張ろう日本!
Details of how to buy in mail sent by Rob earlier - couldn't be easier!

smile

The Archive
The Archive
Originally Posted By: solenoid
Bite the bullet and spend the money! Not only do you get a great Foxx/Gordon rarity, but there are some other gems worth listening to as well: stuff I'd never buy, but enjoyed listening too - Salsa, A Greater Notion, and the uncategorisable - Shinjuku Junction. It's diverse!

OK, so this is the second compilation - but hey, buy both!! Details of how to buy in mail sent by Rob earlier - couldn't be easier! smile

I couldn't agree more...

The full track-listing for this very special double disc set is as follows...

Disc One
01. A Greater Notion (Cuba Mix) [Previously Unreleased Version] - Alison Statton and Spike
02. Poor White Trash [From the Album The Barracudas] - The Barracudas
03. The Audition [Previously Unreleased Live Version] - BMX Bandits
04. Walk My Dog [From the Album Odds & Sods] - The Boys
05. Another Thing Coming [From the Single Another Thing Coming] - The Chords
06. Lone Hawk Hotel [From the Album Cathedral Mountain] - Dave Jackson
07. Shinjuku Junction [From the Album Shinjuku Junction] - Dislocation Dance
08. Need Your Love So Bad [From the EP Need Your Love So Bad] - Elvis Dacosta and Neil Hannon, featuring Pinchers
09. Eye [Previously Unreleased] - The Excellos
10. Apache [Unreleased Studio Version] - The Flying Padovani's
11. Joy Mining [Previously Unreleased] - Iain Matthews
12. Invisible Women V2 [Unreleased Original Version] - John Foxx and Louis Gordon
13. Tetsuya Boogie [Unreleased Live Track] - Lew Lewis Band
14. Wings of a Dove (Live) [From the Album Madness Live - To the Edge of the Universe and Beyond Part Two] - Madness
15. Byker Hill [The Bonus Track From the Album Life and Limb] - Martin Carthy and Dave Swarbrick

Disc Two
01. Another Train [From the Album This Rhythm is Mine] - Sally Barker
02. Here 'tis [Previously Unreleased] - The Masonics
03. Hope [Previously Unreleased] - One-Stop-Experience
04. Dreamt She Could Fly [Unreleased Studio Version] - The Only Ones
05. One Way Ticket [New Single Released May 2011] - Peter Coyle
06. Honey I Need [Unreleased Live Version] - The Pretty Things
07. Jack in the Box [Previously Unreleased] - San Leon
08. Supernatural Services [From the Album Society of Figurines] - Scarlet's Well
09. Evil Birds [From the Album Kyokuto Saizensen2 by Eastan Youth] - Shonen Knife
10. When the Night Comes Down Again [From the CD and Download Album Before the Rooster Crows by Steve Hooker] - Steve Hooker and Wilko Johnson
11. Hope Street [Unreleased Live Version] - Stiff Little Fingers
12. Everlasting Breath [Extra Bonus Track From the Album Fireproof] - That Petrol Emotion
13. Good Friends (Are Really Hard to Come By) [Previously Unreleased] - The Trouble Boys
14. Weak Glue [Unreleased Acoustic Version of the Song Originally on the Album "In the Arms of My Enemy"] - TV Smith
15. Cry Baby Bunting [Previously Unreleased] - Wild Billy Childish and The Spartan Dreggs

Catalogue Number : DC2CD2

Vinyl Japan accept E-Mail orders and payment through PayPal for those who want to order a copy of this album from outside of Japan.
Copies are priced at 2100 Japanese YEN (including VAT) plus postage. Please contact them at : vinyljapan2@yahoo.co.jp

After receiving your E-Mail ordering this special CD set, Vinyl Japan will reply with the price and specific information for a PayPal payment.

Rob

Can anyone tell if this version of Invisible Women V2 is a studio recording or is it the live recording which is on Crash and Burn deluxe too?

The Archive
The Archive
Originally Posted By: Shadow Man
Can anyone tell if this version of Invisible Women V2 is a studio recording or is it the live recording which is on Crash and Burn deluxe too?

They are different tracks - the one you're referring to resembles a 'live in the studio' version.

Rob

Hello Rob

Thank you very much for your information. Seems I have to look for a copy of this.

Cheers
Andreas

OP Offline
Andreas,
If you are still interested I can go to the shop that produced this and see if any are left. It is quite near me.

Let me know, happy to help if I can.

c

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.