Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
MikeF #45783 03/01/13 10:52 AM

MemberD #45784 03/01/13 11:10 AM
C
C
BBC News Headline

"Foxx's third Maths assisted set is probably his best post-Ultravox LP"

and again

"Foxx's most superior post-Ultravox! LP to date"

and

"Carlsberg, probably the best beer in the world" (1973 to 2011 at least according to 'Mad Men' Saatchi & Saatchi)

my entry for a new Mad in 2013

"I don't drink it, and I don't know anybody else who does"

smile

MikeG #46207 05/29/13 05:11 PM
P
P
If I had to use NASA-centric metaphors, “Interplay” is an earth orbit; spiraling around a beautiful blue green globe. Powerful and yet familiar for all of its newness. “The Shape Of Things” is a journey to the far side of the moon. The trip is somewhat familiar but marked by solitude and eerie stillness. “Evidence” is a deep space trip to the Jovian satellites. It bears little of the earth/moon familiarity and the solar panels are relying on what few solar emissions are available at the far reaches of the solar system. So expenditures of energy are lower. Much of the trip is spent in cryostasis. I will always love "Interplay." It pushes every button I have, expertly. But "Shatterproof" from that album led the way forward in to starker new territory. I've been excited to see the progression forward from that album through to "The Shape of Things" and now "Evidence." Each subsequent album pushes the envelope forward and out of the comfort zone. As my comfort level is challenged, my respect for The Maths grows ever larger. John Foxx is the only artist I love growing new braincells at full maturity and capable of challenging me. Benge is my favorite of his collaborators. He makes the best-sounding music I've heard in over 30 years. I don't see an end to this phase yet. I can hardly wait to hear what comes next.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.