Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
C
Yes, small world! I wish I had both her money for travel (although she works incredibly hard and budgets carefully for it) and her energy. Not sure if even a string of Foxx/Underworld/Sylvian/Talk Talk/Scott Walker dates could provide the stamina!

cdave2 #46167 05/23/13 07:49 PM
P
OP Offline
P
I wish I'd thought to meet Lori at the Atlanta gig, but it was hectic with VIP tix and all. I only thought of that after reading her series on Messages.

C
C
Lori's doing her last gig in Dublin tonight, but she did find the time to say that she knew you from the OMD forum! If you enjoyed her series on Messages, you might like to know she has her own blog at www.omdculture.com.

I sent her the link to your article on the rare "Maid of Orleans" cover. Very impressed with your blog - the Ultravox GPA reviews were especially entertaining! (Tenuous link to topic inserted.) smile

cdave2 #46307 06/08/13 01:21 PM
P
OP Offline
P
I just stumbled onto OMDculture recently, but haven't found time to dip into the bucket yet. So you were the person reading my 'Vox Rock G.P.A. recently then? I love that band though they vex me now. So you're an OMD/Vox/Sylvian fan in Chicago... do you happen to know James Teitelbaum? He's an old acquaintance of mine.

C
C
Yep, that was probably me (I'll never get used to being tracked on the Web)! Unfortunately I don't know your friend James. I Googled him and he's got quite an impressive resume. Did he work the recent OMD and the 2002 Sylvian shows at the Park West, I wonder?

I have to admit that I'm a casual OMD fan; I respect them greatly, but as a former disco kid I'll always gravitate toward those acts with a bit more emphasis on rhythm (I always maintained that Chic, Mondrian, and Mies van der Rohe were bedfellows in their sleek minimalism). Japan had one of the best rhythm sections ever in Mick Karn (RIP) and Steve Jansen. I was exposed to Foxx's work belatedly but came in shortly after Shifting City...and once I'd heard Metamatic I was hooked for good.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.