Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#45022 11/04/12 06:44 PM
T
Telekon Offline OP
OP Offline
T
This is the only N-12 recording I can't find on CD or as an mp3. Any suggestions?

According to Discogs, it clocks in at 5:46.

Telekon #45024 11/04/12 08:16 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Originally Posted By: Telekon
This is the only N-12 recording I can't find on CD or as an mp3. Any suggestions?

According to Discogs, it clocks in at 5:46.

I think you're right that this track is only available on the original 12" single.
But I'm not sure it's the only track that is otherwise unavailable.

I believe the Club Edit (2.43 on the 12" single) is also unique to that release?

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
T
Telekon Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I thought I had the club mix. Looks like I'm missing that one too. I'm not sure if the 12" mix is the same as the album version even though the lengths are slightly off; whereas the 12-inch A-side is 5:46, the album version is 5:37.

Do you have a turntable to compare them? I don't anymore. I've gone totally digital.

Telekon #45029 11/05/12 01:10 PM
Administrator
Administrator

Having played them both last night, I now think actually they ARE the same?? It's just the track running time that is different.

You could run through Garageband etc if you have the time - that would confirm any differences in the mixing etc.

Incidentally, the Electrofear album is seven years old today - released 5th November 2005
Good timing, this question!

T
Telekon Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Happy birthday to electrofear.."she was" is one of JF's finest tracks ever.
That's confirmation enough for me. I think the club mix is the only non mp3/non CD track. Hope it appears on metadelic.
Thanks for doing the research!

Telekon #45067 11/13/12 03:42 AM
T
Telekon Offline OP
OP Offline
T

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.