Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
OP Offline
G
Hi all,

Infrequent poster, but just thought I'd point out that the 'Evidence' single that John has collaborated on with The Soft Moon is now available to pre-order (release date 26 June) as a one-sided clear vinyl 7" single from Captured Tracks in New York. Page with details here: http://capturedtracks.com/catalog/store/ct-156-the-soft-moon-john-foxx-evidence-7/ That is, if you like hard-format as opposed to being happy with the previously aired download!

For me, this release works on many levels - I've liked The Soft Moon a while now, was fortunate to see their gig at the Lexington in London last year where I happened to spot Mr Foxx and Benge amongst the paying punters. And the sleeve design, unless I'm much mistaken, is a near facsimile of a work {'Rotterdam') by one of my favourite artists, Edward Wadsworth, who might be familiar to OMitD fans, at least those who might have read the 'Telegraph' fanzine back in the '90s, with his 'dazzle ships' works featured in those pages...

Last edited by glimmer fix; 06/13/12 11:06 PM.
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for your thoughts on this.

Here is that artwork:

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Is it just me, or is it impossible to order from the website link that was in the recent newsletter, as it doesnt seem to load your order into a shopping basket. Have tried on two seperate computers. I really wanted a copy too.

Administrator
Administrator
Thanks for the info

http://capturedtracks.com/catalog/store/ct-156-the-soft-moon-john-foxx-evidence-7/

This link works and generates a checkout / cart thing.

I couldn't see how to 'calcualte shipping' but there is an option to put UK details in the BIlling address.
There's email contacts for the distributor too which you could try if you continue to have difficulties.

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
The Archive
The Archive
Originally Posted By: loveaction
Is it just me, or is it impossible to order from the website link that was in the recent newsletter, as it doesnt seem to load your order into a shopping basket. Have tried on two seperate computers. I really wanted a copy too.

Originally Posted By: Birdsong
Thanks for the info

http://capturedtracks.com/catalog/store/ct-156-the-soft-moon-john-foxx-evidence-7/

This link works and generates a checkout / cart thing.

I couldn't see how to 'calcualte shipping' but there is an option to put UK details in the BIlling address.
There's email contacts for the distributor too which you could try if you continue to have difficulties.

I also think that it's dependent on which browser is used. I had the same problems when I used Internet Explorer (the default browser on my 'work' computer), but I was able to add items and view my 'shopping basket' and proceed to the 'checkout' when I used Chrome on my 'home' computer.

I could be wrong, but it looks as though the merchant software which has been deployed by Captured Tracks isn't compatible with all internet browsers... frown

Rob

Well its a pity as I am unable to get to order it, shame on them for having such an awkward website for ordering.

Administrator
Administrator

Try emailing them.
I'm sure they could then directly address any problems you might be having.

orders@capturedtracks.com

For info, I had no problems at all ordering this on Firefox for Mac

Last edited by Birdsong; 07/04/12 06:42 AM.

Thanks for your thoughts on this.

Here is that artwork:

Only for interest: Had anyone got the ordered single until yet ?

I preordered a copy and now it is nearly 4 weeks since the release day.

It takes a very long time...

Administrator
Administrator

Sorry to hear that.

There are fans in Italy who have received copies.

Sorry to hear that.

There are fans in Italy who have received copies.

Thank you for the information, Martin.

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.