Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Brian Offline OP
OP Offline
apologies if the formatting does not come out well but its a challenge to cut and paste on my smartphone.from facebook :-

ArtHertz presents its fifth exhibition, MIRRORBALL in London at the Kirk Originals flagship Store, 29 Floral Street, Covent Garden WC2E 9DP from 9th April 2010 (Private View 8th April). Since it's formation in 2006, ArtHertz has presented events and exhibitions at Fulham Palace, Coningsby Gallery, Durham Arts Festival, Horse Hospital, Kinetica Art Fair and has featured in the Rushes Soho Shorts Festival for the last two years.

MIRRORBALL features selected works by long-term ArtHertz collaborator and electronic music pioneer, John Foxx including limited edition digital prints, Shifting City 1, Tower Bridge Angel, Exponential and Mirrorball alongside other Foxx inspired pieces including the Onirico Triptych (Digital print on canvas, 2009) by Angelo Cerantola. Onirico is an ongoing project which the artist started more than three years ago based on botanical pictures and textures, processed and manipulated to give them a kind of dream-like quality that pays homage to the quiet, elegant romanticism present in so much of Foxx's work.

There will also be a chance to see Andrew Back’s much talked about computer installation, No Numbers (computer, nixie tubes and acrylic. 2009) - a playful response to John Foxx's seminal 1980 electronic music work, Mr No. No Numbers was first presented last year in our DNA exhibition at the Horse Hospital and more recently at the Kinetica Art Fair 2010.

‘Architecture is frozen music’, said Goethe and this analogy is exquisitely interpreted in the designs of Italian architect, Antonino Cardillo. Antonino was selected among the thirty best new young architectural practices from around the World in 2009 Wallpaper magazine Architect Directory and presents a sample of his 'celestial vision' in Ellipse 1501 exclusively for the exhibition.

Other work to be exhibited includes new digital pieces by ArtHertz video artist, Roger Spy and graphic designer, Craig Hewitt.

MIRRORBALL is open to the public from Friday 9th April and will run until July at the Kirk Original Flagship store, 29 Floral Street, Covent Garden WC2E 9DP.

Administrator
Administrator
Thanks for posting this Brian. Sounds like material some of us have seen before, but nevertheless great to see the stuff getting 'out there'.

Typically though, I was in Covent Garden yesterday and won't now be in London again for a few months, so this one will pass me by.

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Thanks a lot for this info Brian.

We will stay in London from 4th until 6th June - so we can include this exhibition in our visit.
Looking forward to it... smile

L
L
The trailer for the private view has just been completed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5tfXALAVs8

It was the second collaboration between myself and video artist Roger Spy,who many of you will be familiar with from the DNA show.
My own musical work as Logan 5 will also be played during the private view event.
Logan 5

Brian Offline OP
OP Offline

M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by Logan 5:
The trailer for the private view has just been completed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5tfXALAVs8

It was the second collaboration between myself and video artist Roger Spy,who many of you will be familiar with from the DNA show.
My own musical work as Logan 5 will also be played during the private view event.
Logan 5
The trailer & the music are excellent. I'm very pleased that Gavin's music is being played during the event. Go to the exhibition & hear Gavin's music. It's futuristic sci-fi poptronica at it's best. cool

Quote:
This really is a superb portrait!

L
L
I'll try to get some decent pictures tonight,the ones I did at the DNA show were a bit dark...John & I ended up looking rather the worse for wear! :rolleyes:

Quote:
What's with the Bono shades??!

C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
Quote:
What's with the Bono shades??! [/b]
perhaps John is wearing a pair of Kirk Originals...

quite retro looking eyewear hes got there, and perhaps Townsend could include a free pair for all of us glasses wearers with a:
Special Spectacle Limited Edition release of Metadelic smile laugh

http://www.kirkoriginals.com/home

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.