Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Originally Posted By: MikeG
I suppose it was inevitable that this was going to happen: -

ebay

Sad. It's not even autographed!

G
G
Originally Posted By: MemberD

ebay

I couldn't agree more, and wrong on so many levels.

But I suppose if there's someone selling and someone who's willing to pay silly money like that, then that's between them, but it's very sad none the less frown

My partner and I had VIP tickets for Glasgow which included the new album "The Shape of Things" and the Gazelle Twin CD.

When we met John after the soundcheck he was kind enough to sign both of them for us.

I noticed that someone has already put the Gazelle Twin CD (signed) on ebay.

The signed album and Remix CD are to myself and my partner a reminder of very special night when we got meet a very special man who was kind enough to autograph them for us.

You could offer us £1000 for each of them and we still wouldn't sell.

There are some things in life that you can't put a price on, and special is one of them.

Graham

Originally Posted By: MemberD

ebay

PS this is also partly why I'm *against* 'tour only' CD sales.

There has probably been enough copies pressed for the CD to be sold online after the tour, unless that stock will just be whatever is leftover. Maybe it'll get a wider release at a later date, like they did with Sideways.

Back to the content of the album, I really am enjoying it, though it is so different to Interplay. It's more like a further exploration of Interplay's darker moments.

And those Andy Gray Remixes are outstanding. I'd love to see Gray produce or collaborate on a future Foxx album.

It was stated on the JF&M official site that it would be available through Townsend afterwards, although obviously some folks aren't aware of that.

Originally Posted By: Alex S
Back to the content of the album, I really am enjoying it, though it is so different to Interplay. It's more like a further exploration of Interplay's darker moments.

And those Andy Gray Remixes are outstanding. I'd love to see Gray produce or collaborate on a future Foxx album.

Totally agree. I've been listening through the album today and I am quite impressed. It's the perfect follow-up to "Interplay" which was quite a light, up-tempo affair on the whole, whereas "The Shape Of Things" is that much darker and has a more experimental feel to it. I can certainly hear more of Benge's influence coming through and sounding great for it. The remixes are all very good - I love the ""The Good Shadow" one, one of my favourite tracks on "Interplay", this re-mix gives a different perspective.

Stand out track on "The Shape Of Things" for me is "Tides". A great track that perfectly shows the talents of both John and Ben well.

Hi Losers,

My daughter won that auction and she won it fair and square. She's in the autistic range and she won it with my money and my permission. Comment all you like but I will spend my money (which is considerable) any way I want to. Where do you get off telling me it was a 'silly' investment? It's not 'silly' until I say it's 'silly'. I'll tell you what's 'inevitable' - highest bid wins auction - so suck eggs!
P.S. You wouldn't want to have been in auctions I have participated in where I have bid nearly a $1,000.00 on an item -and to your eternal chagrin, yes! I won it ! So, dear amateurs learn your craft and don't bitch until you're more practised in what you're doing. There's nothing worse than a baying pack of "also rans".

Cheers and W.G.A.S.A!

Papa Bear

Last edited by Black Shadow; 10/28/11 06:23 AM.
Oh well, that's that cleared up then. We're "losers" and the "winner" takes all. Anyway it's a free world - and above all a free market - so feel free to insult.

Hope you enjoy the album. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

I'm surprised by how few comments there have been on it's actual content - which I think is very good! I would think after the London gigs, most folk here will have heard it by now.

"Rear View Mirror", "September Town", "Unrecognised", "Falling Away" and "The SHadow of His Former Self" are the standout tracks for me.

I've not had chance to do a review but I agree on the tracks you've chosen Alex,also like Vapour trails.

Love the lyrics on Unrecognised.

Is he singing about his lover or his CR78? grin

Brian

Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.