Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
#41423 10/13/11 06:30 PM
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
John Foxx And the Maths new album The Shape Of Things is released today, marking the start of the exciting 'Interplay' tour.

There's an exclusive track from the album here:

http://thequietus.com/articles/07169-john-foxx-tara-busch

available as part of an interview with John and Tara Busch, who is supporting the band on most of the dates.

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
C
C
Originally Posted By: Birdsong
...an interview with John and Tara Busch, who is supporting the band on most of the dates.

Where You End And I Begin - great collaboration, had to play the track over several times in a row, the feeling of it certainly ties in with whats been said by Tara and John in the interesting interview, and I'd have to 'clap my hands and say yeah!' if they both do make an album together... please, make it so.

Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
It is a superb track.

For so long now, I have been willing John Foxx to work with 'girls'.

So for me, this era is something I have looked forward to for ages.

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
This is getting unbearable - I cannot wait for the 25th for the gig, to see Tara performing and get the new album......it's never going to get here!!!

C
C
This track is fantastic, chic and interesting, just been playing it over again this evening, wish there was more...

Where You End And I Begin: http://thequietus.com/articles/07169-john-foxx-tara-busch

T
T
The Shape Of Things gets better with every play! The latest to really do it for me is Falling Away. At first I thought it was TOO raw. But I think it's more a case of growing accustomed to a bit of roughing it. smile

And Vapour Trails has such a breezy catchiness. cool

T
T
I should probably stop posting in this thread until more of us have The Shape Of Things, as I can imagine how tantalizing only being able to read about it must be. But I would just add that it's surely going to figure in most people's favourites list. It's like Metamatic's untamed cousin finally showed up for dinner. grin

Last edited by The Quiet Trees; 10/16/11 06:25 PM.
It's a very different album to Interplay; complimentary and contrasting at the same time.

Right now, I'm blown away and intensely moved by "Unrecognised".

The Quiet City review will hopefully be going online later.

Andy Gray's remix of "Interplay" is perfect. Beyond perfect.

I suppose it was inevitable that this was going to happen: -

ebay

Last edited by MikeG; 10/26/11 11:05 AM.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.