Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
I'm yet to hear it. Although I love the album, Cigar is probably my most skipped one on it. With that in mind, they can only have improved upon it!

Administrator
Administrator
It's a great version you won't be disappointed.

However, I've never "got" this skipping tracks thing. At least in those days, an album was 'an album' not a collection of songs.
Each track in some way affected by, related to, a reaction to those before and following.
The artists put tracks in a particular order for a particular reason, so I've always been one for listening to things in context.

We're all different of course, but in this case I reckon you have to listen to the rest of the album to get the fiull benefit of John's role in the project.
Just my opinion, for what its worth. Guess I'm Old Skool wink

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
The Archive
OP Online
The Archive
The following has just been posted on MOJO's website...

First, the bad news. Following an unfortunate production error, John Foxx And The Maths' version of Have A Cigar on this month's MOJO covermount CD, Return To The Dark Side Of The Moon / Wish You Were Here Again, is not the finished version of the track.

And now for the good news. You can download the correct and completed track right here for free! MOJO would like to apologise to John and his band for this fault. The technical gremlins have now been silenced.

Download Have A Cigar HERE. (Click 'Save Link As')

And there's more. John Foxx And The Maths' excellent new single Evergreen is also available to download for free. You can do that right HERE. (Click 'Save Link As')

John will be performing classic Ultravox songs and tracks from his new album Interplay when he tours the UK in October.

Check out all the dates and details of how to buy tickets HERE.

Rob

Oh well, at least everybody who bought Mojo just for the track now has the collectable version!

Never been keen on the track itself, but I like this. Substantially different.

And a good choice of single with Evergreen. Subtle differences.

Cheers Rob,

Hope I can play aif files (my Ipad probably will:)

Brian

Yup,my HTC Desire won't play it.Will try my Ipad later.

Administrator
Administrator
Unbelievable! Thanks Rob.

One wonders how Mojo got the 'wrong' version...?

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Just played it on my iPad,yup sounds more finished. but I still like both versions.

Will convert the aif file into something my pc and phone can play later

Brian

Thanks for the link, Rob!

Great version. Would be nice to hear it live on the tour.

Wonderful job, John and Benge!

Is there a big difference to the Mojo version?

Hi Andreas,

Beginning & end are the main differences but the whole mix sounds thicker with a lot more elements.

Brian

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.