Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
iTunes will convert it too.

Brill! I love it - I'm secretly pleased about getting access to the track as finding a copy of Mojo out here? Not easy! Will do my best though, as I'd like to hear the wrong version too!

Covers are a special place, and I find myself agnostic to the concept and just listen to what I hear. I love Die Krupps version of Metallica's "Sandman", but would never buy the original. Similarly (although probably less enthusiastically) the Revolting Cocks version of "D'Ya Think I'm Sexy" blows away Rod Stewart's version!
Conversely, what was Rita Coolidge thinking when she re-did "We're All Alone"? "Let me sing out of step and pretend it is fashionably cool?"?? Nah, that is Boz Scaggs at his best.

Anyway, love the song - will listen to the original (oops -admits he hasn't heard it yet), and then judge!

Nice to get these oddities now and then!

H
H
Downloaded the version today , not what I expected, a bit "heavy"

It reminded me that One Two , the Claudia Brucken/Paul Humphrey project had done a cover of the track a few years ago.

Found this youtube link if anyone wants a listen. A bit more traditional in a "Propaganda" stylee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjoxViwLLbs

Use audacity. It's free, and it handles AIF files.
You'll need the LAME encoder installed as well, to export as mp3.
I already had it installed and configured.

** You can get audacity to record ANYTHING ypu can play on your computer. You then export as mp3.. all it takes is a bit of fiddling to enable the "WAVE" output (disabled by default).
So you can record myspace.. **

Re: OneTwo version:
Very Nice.
Shame it just stops abruptly. (see my earlier post about audacity..)

Last edited by NerveJam; 09/01/11 10:59 AM.
C
C
Originally Posted By: Heartland
Downloaded the version today , not what I expected, a bit "heavy"

It reminded me that One Two , the Claudia Brucken/Paul Humphrey project had done a cover of the track a few years ago.

Cheers for posting, never heard anything before by OneTwo, their cover reminds me a bit of Frankie's Two Tribes, but yikes! that ending is painful. I'm really enjoying the downloadable Cigar version from John & The Maths, and its been a worthy project for them to undertake, don't know if its just down to the familiarity of the track but I've had it constantly going around in my head without having to actually play it, so its definitely passed the whistle test.

Regarding the rest of the album, I've still no interest in the majority of tracks but those few I do like have been getting constant replay, so £4.50 well spent afterall!

Can't find a copy of MOJO..
Does anyone have an MP3 version of the (COVER DISK version of the)track?

I like OneTwo. The tracks on their myspace page are quality, although they haven't been updated for years. (OMD revival probably getting in the way, and I note that Claudia has a new single out - not keen on that, look on Youtube for the vid....)

Last edited by NerveJam; 09/06/11 11:27 AM.
Cancel that! Just got a copy of MOJO from Smiths.. just come in.

H
H
Originally Posted By: NerveJam
I like OneTwo. The tracks on their myspace page are quality, although they haven't been updated for years. (OMD revival probably getting in the way, and I note that Claudia has a new single out - not keen on that, look on Youtube for the vid....)

Yeah I love OneTwo as well, saw them at Leicester Cathedral a few years back when they did a mixture of OneTwo, OMD,Propaganda and Act stuff. It would make a great venue for John for a future gig.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.