Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
The Archive
OP Offline
The Archive
John Foxx and The Maths have covered the classic Pink Floyd track Have A Cigar for the cover CD on the October edition of Mojo Magazine.

I'll shortly be posting an exclusive interview with John and Benge where they reveal how they put this track together.

The track Have A Cigar originally appeared on Pink Floyd's 1975 album Wish You Were Here.

Rob

C
C
Not sure if I'd be buying Mojo Rob, but very interesting choice and I'd definitely like to hear that one from John and Benge, oh, and by the way, which ones Pink?

The Archive
OP Offline
The Archive
Originally Posted By: core memory
Not sure if I'd be buying Mojo Rob, but very interesting choice and I'd definitely like to hear that one from John and Benge, oh, and by the way, which ones Pink?

It's well worth the cover price... grin

Rob

The Archive
OP Offline
The Archive
That exclusive interview I mentioned earlier today is now on-line...

Rob

C
C
thanks for that Rob, really interesting interview. I'd love to hear the Maths do some of those covers as suggested by John, he had my hopes up for a moment that Have A Cigar might be played at a forthcoming gig, but have to agree about the lyrical content and dated theme, and I did think it was a strange choice from the album, but explanation from John has cleared that one up. I like the 'which ones Matt' line, but pity they were pipped to the Machine post, what did you dream, its alright we told you what to dream...

Thanks Rob.

Looking forward for a copy of MOJO.

Great!

Will definitely get this issue of Mojo. Cheers Rob. grin

Last edited by Black Shadow; 08/21/11 09:55 AM.
T
T
Excellent stuff! Just a word of warning - looks like there are two CDs - one covering Dark Side of the Moon, one Wish You Were Here so be careful to pick up the right one! I'll probably get both ...

I think "Wish You Were Here" (the song) would have worked too, in an "Interplay" (the song) kind of way.

Nice mention of The Wooly Fish. I wonder if that song exists ...

Administrator
Administrator
Thanks for the advice! I noticed the cover on Rob's interview suggests Dark Side Of The Moon is covered.

Weird...

Looking forward very much to the release of this exclusive and unique track

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
where's the interview? link please...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.