Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian:
Currently listening to the side 1s Sideways to me sounds louder, percussion more in your face. The laughter at the start of And the World Slides Sideways jumped out at me. Could just be just my rusty Klaxon bashed ears though laugh
I swapped back and fourth between old and new using Underwater as a test track. I'm not going to even going to use the R word but Sideways sounds clearer to me. Anyone else had a listen to their side 1s yet?
Your ears are not deceiving you... everything on these two releases has been remastered.

Rob

Brian Offline OP
OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Harris:
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian:
[b] Currently listening to the side 1s Sideways to me sounds louder, percussion more in your face. The laughter at the start of And the World Slides Sideways jumped out at me. Could just be just my rusty Klaxon bashed ears though laugh
I swapped back and fourth between old and new using Underwater as a test track. I'm not going to even going to use the R word but Sideways sounds clearer to me. Anyone else had a listen to their side 1s yet?
Your ears are not deceiving you... everything on these two releases has been remastered.

Rob [/b]
Cheers Rob,I'm not going mad(yet!) laugh

Another reason to go out & buy these releases.

I ordered both reissues from Townsend late yesterday afternoon and they arrived this morning. That's great service by anyone's standards.

Just got to find some time to listen to them now!

L
L
Remastered or remixed? Please not the latter as Sideways is one of my most listened to releases.

My original version of Sideways had a couple of annoying bits; 1) the end of X-Ray Vision increased notably in volume for the last few seconds and 2) In A Silent Way leapt out of the speakers far too quickly on start-up as if a microsecond of intro had been deleted.

Hopefully these two minor annoyances have been removed in the remastering process.

Brian Offline OP
OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by lieutenant030:
Remastered or remixed? Please not the latter as Sideways is one of my most listened to releases.

My original version of Sideways had a couple of annoying bits; 1) the end of X-Ray Vision increased notably in volume for the last few seconds and 2) In A Silent Way leapt out of the speakers far too quickly on start-up as if a microsecond of intro had been deleted.

Hopefully these two minor annoyances have been removed in the remastering process.
Whatever has been done to Sideways I think it sounds miles better to me.

Anyone else gotten hold of these releases yet?

F
F
On a brighter note, I had the 2 cd's in the post about 1 hour ago.
Playing Crash and Burn disc 2 now...I noticed, what sounds like a 'glitch' on the outro of Making Movies...at about 8:27-8:28
Is that meant like this?
Can someone fill me in on this? smile

L
L
Got my CDs through and X-Ray Vision is fixed!
Unfortunately, "In A Silent Way" still scares the crap out of me on start-up in as it leaps at the listener in a slightly ironic non-silent way, especially after the long deep droning fadeout of "Car Crash Flashback V2".

That said, I agree with Brian that the sound is vastly improved over the original release. There's a plethora of little nuances I hadn't noticed before such as the fadeout vocal harmony on X-Ray Vision. Also, the instrumentation over the vocal section of "And The World Slides Sideways" seems less harsh with some increased bass. This definitely makes for a more enjoyable listening experience.

Even if you have the previous releases AND the Drive EP, I would definitely recommend adding these deluxe editions to your collection. If you don't then no moaning in a few years when you purchase META56, and realise there's a gap right in the middle of your collection where META 27 & 28 should sit!
laugh

The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by fons:
Playing Crash and Burn disc 2 now...I noticed, what sounds like a 'glitch' on the outro of Making Movies...at about 8:27-8:28
Is that meant like this?
Can someone fill me in on this? smile
It's definitely not a'glitch' - it's meant to sound like that.

Rob

F
F
Thanks for clearing that up Rob! smile

Best regards from a snow-covered Rotterdam,
fons

Brian Offline OP
OP Offline
Listened to cd 1 of C&B,tracks have been augmented,remixed and remastered.I like it.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.