Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
#37017 10/17/08 12:57 PM
Thanks for another great review Martin.

It was nice to meet up with so many of you guys last night. Such a pity you could not make it Garry.

Interesting to compare last nights excellent set-list with that on the Neuro Video CD. Only 4 tracks common to both shows! And the shows less than a year apart. I'm glad we got 8 Louis-era tracks. I think that was a fair balance against John's earlier work.

Some tracks seem to work better live than others. I think Shifting City, Endlessly, No One Driving and Burning Car fared the best. Camera probably the worst.

Overall a fantastic night smile

#37018 10/17/08 01:10 PM
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by feline1:
there were 4 people on stage, all doing stuff, including Steve D'Agostino on some REAL analogue synths...
...this just all added an extra layer of spit, blast and sizzle to the proceedings...
Glad to hear that the good old fashioned Warp power factor was engaged, just hope they had the ‘inertial dampeners on’ laugh

(Off topic for a moment, but I got the impression that the low power sound of Metamatic07 at Glasgow Barfly was due to over reliance on a ‘Memorex’ style laptop performance)

Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
listening to a woman play a charming broken piano in the Romanian Orthodox on the Strand
Sweet image smile

Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
[b]Short Circuits and Golden Glows...
John screams and D-Agostino glows in earnest - everything seems fit to burst for the last ten glorious minutes[/b]
Birdsong, your review is both painful and rewarding, it’s agony because I wasn’t there for the experience firsthand, but I’m glad to read your great account of the evening, it’s like a letter welcoming those that were absent into the memory of a happy event.

Quote:
Originally posted by Brian:
A friend of mine told me that last nights show was being recorded for possible future release
Oh boy, I sure do hope so… smile

#37019 10/17/08 01:20 PM
F
F
Aye it was definately recorded -
there were some pairs of posh condensor mics down the front to even record the audience!

#37020 10/17/08 01:23 PM
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
Quote:
Originally posted by core memory:
Birdsong, your review is both painful and rewarding, it’s agony because I wasn’t there for the experience firsthand, but I’m glad to read your great account of the evening, it’s like a letter welcoming those that were absent into the memory of a happy event.

Thanks. Do you know what - i think that was the plan. cool

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#37021 10/17/08 01:59 PM
Cheers for the excelent review Martin.

I think that's a very fair review.

There were a few other slip ups.

The start of the vocals for the Garden for example sounded like he was having problems with.

Brian

#37022 10/17/08 02:07 PM
F
F
to me quite honest, I would *rather* hear human beings make a few slip-ups here and there, than hear a laptop play the whole thing back perfectly!

#37023 10/17/08 02:48 PM
Quote:
to me quite honest, I would *rather* hear human beings make a few slip-ups here and there, than hear a laptop play the whole thing back perfectly!
True,so glad we dont have a robot John Foxx yet. smile

#37024 10/17/08 02:55 PM
There is already some good quality footage of The Man Who Dies Every Day on YouTube: -

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr725xqTTfM

#37025 10/17/08 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
Quote:
Originally posted by no-one driving:
[b] Spot the back of your head time . . . .

Cargo Photos
nice pics--wonder if we'll get a screen thing in Marghera.. [/b]
Great photos. Thanks for sharing.

#37026 10/17/08 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian:
Quote:
[b] to me quite honest, I would *rather* hear human beings make a few slip-ups here and there, than hear a laptop play the whole thing back perfectly!
True,so glad we dont have a robot John Foxx yet. smile [/b]
Thank goodness for that!

And many thanks for the reviews, especially feline1 and Martin. Very enjoyable! Even if the show had its flaws (and John Foxx does indeed look a bit tired or frazzled in the pics, too -- thanks for sharing those, no-one driving), it still had to be a great evening for you all. I'm trying not to be too jealous. smile

Maybe next year when I finally (?) get the chance to see John Foxx perform live all the bugs will be worked out of the equipment and the arrangements, and the vocal chords will be perfect and the words will be accurate, and the videos won't be silly, and the set list won't be same-y, but even if not, I'm sure it will still be fantastic! Now, about that North American tour . . . wink

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.