Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#36986 01/14/11 10:45 AM
G
G
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Normall:
Quote:
Originally posted by Ishikawa:
[b]Is the CD-disk printed with a fairly thick powder-blue gloss surface, with black text?
Yes it is and it looks kosher to me in every way, except that missing numbering. Then again I've never seen one before.

There's (rather large) picture of the item: http://personal.inet.fi/muoti/mrnormall/Exotour1997.jpg [/b]
I wanted to resurrect this thread because I've just bought a copy myself and it also has no number, even though it looks and feels genuine enough. Was the authenticity of such discs ever ascertained?

I'm wondering if it's possible that extra discs were produced to satisfy a greater demand than was anticipated, but with only the original 1000 being numbered in order to preserve their 'limited edition' status?

#36987 01/19/11 12:38 AM
M
M
The picture of my unnumbered "Exotour 97" is still there. Good.

#36988 02/03/11 09:32 PM
G
G
Quote:
Originally posted by Gwilym:
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Normall:
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by Ishikawa:
[b]Is the CD-disk printed with a fairly thick powder-blue gloss surface, with black text?
Yes it is and it looks kosher to me in every way, except that missing numbering. Then again I've never seen one before.

There's (rather large) picture of the item: http://personal.inet.fi/muoti/mrnormall/Exotour1997.jpg [/b]
I wanted to resurrect this thread because I've just bought a copy myself and it also has no number, even though it looks and feels genuine enough. Was the authenticity of such discs ever ascertained?

I'm wondering if it's possible that extra discs were produced to satisfy a greater demand than was anticipated, but with only the original 1000 being numbered in order to preserve their 'limited edition' status? [/b]
Does anyone have any thoughts on this? smile

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.