Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
ER...I will be buying my own copy too. Now that is surely what John was waiting to hear???

Oh yes, it is so good. I play it all the time. Hehehehe.. laugh

Brilliant!

[video:youtube]http://youtu.be/6sxxKz1j_ks[/video]

WTF!

Made me smile,some great fake Foxx artwork in the video:-)

Brian

ahahahahaa! so absolutely relieved I hadn't offended anyone with this one!
I just thought it would be great fun to re-imagine our Mr Foxx as an
'Electro-Jazz-Beat-Poet' hailing from an alternate dimension!

In addition to cameos by Bob Dylan, Gregory Corso, Allen Ginsberg, Andy Warhol, Jack Kerouac and William S. Burroughs you'll find John, Benge, Serafina, Hannah and Tara Busch in the odd photo.

Loved using Jonathan Barnbrook's graphics alongside Saul Bass' too - they worked well together.

Easter Egg: at 3:59 is the City Lights bookstore in San Francisco (major West Coast hub for the Beat poets of the time) renamed 'City of Lights' in homage to the wonderful 'Stars On Fire' B-side!

Enjoy the October shows and be sure to give us full reports as they occur!

The Archive
OP Online
The Archive
Originally Posted By: polarboy
Loved using Jonathan Barnbrook's graphics alongside Saul Bass' too - they worked well together.

It's strange that you should mention Saul Bass as his name cropped up when I was speaking with Jonathan Barnbrook about the artwork he'd created for John. That interview will shortly appear on the Metamatic Website.

For those who don't know, Saul Bass worked on a number of Hollywood films - most notably / famously he created the title sequence for the Alfred Hitchcock thriller North, By Northwest...

Rob

C
C
Originally Posted By: polarboy
ahahahahaa! so absolutely relieved I hadn't offended anyone with this one! [video:youtube]http://youtu.be/6sxxKz1j_ks[/video]
I just thought it would be great fun to re-imagine our Mr Foxx as an
'Electro-Jazz-Beat-Poet' hailing from an alternate dimension!

Absolutely fantastic, some hilarious montages, and gasp! - the music really works, I love it. Funny to think there's been past mention on the forum from some of us about John's unexpected style tangents and that 'going jazz' would likely be a major wrong turn "on the plaza" or a definite stumble "through some summer door", however, as your video shows, and in the words of Miles Davis: “Do not fear mistakes. There are none.”

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.