Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#36133 07/16/10 06:28 PM
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
Robin Guthrie recently teamed up with Eraldo Bernocci and Harold Budd and both performed and recorded with them in Tuscany.

Hopefully this will lead to an album release in 2011 on Rare Noise Records.

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
The Archive
The Archive
This album is entitled Winter Garden, and it's track-listing is as follows...

01. Don't Go Where I Can't Find You
02. Losing My Breath
03. Winter Garden
04. Entangled
05. Harmony And The Play Of Light
06. Heavy Heart Some More
07. White Ceramic
08. Stay With Me
09. South Of Heaven
10. Dream On

Winter Garden is the first simultaneous collaboration between renowned Italian musician and producer Eraldo Bernocchi, ambient pianist and musical icon Harold Budd and producer / guitarist Robin Guthrie, founder of Cocteau Twins and Violet Indiana. Simultaneous, because Eraldo Bernocchi had previously produced, arranged and played on Fragments From The Inside (released by SubRosa) with Harold Budd, while the collaborations between Harold Budd and Robin Guthrie started in the 1980's (Lovely Thunder, The Moon and The Melodies and The White Arcades and became a quasi-partnership since 2005 - for example, the soundtrack for the film Mysterious Skin by Araki, the dyptich After The Night Falls / Before The Day Breaks and more recently Bordeaux.

Recorded in Tuscany in 2010, produced in Tuscany and in the south of France during 2011, Winter Garden aligns itself with the aforementioned recent releases by Budd and Guthrie, awash with Budd's minimal piano and Guthrie's guitar drones, only to differentiate itself through a more marked used of electronics and being punctuated by a soft, minimal bass pulse. Winter Garden is an incredibly refined, stratified, and precisely chiseled recording a snapshot of a collaboration which after two live audio-visual dates in Italy 2010 (Centrale Elettrica Taccani and Palazzo Lomellino in Genoa) will be taken on the road in 2012.

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.