Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#35963 07/27/10 02:38 PM
C
Craig Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I was looking for that skiffle classic ' Anyold Cars' today on My Space and had a bit of time on my hands (and no doubt there'll be Foxx inertia during the summer) so tried to see how many Louis AKA sites the chuffer has created. So here goes the beginning of a list:
Fred Dibnah Trio - classic 'Warm Leatherette' but looks like 'Do yer like that?' has been remixed - boo!
Shady Grady and The Crumbs - splendid stuff (Anyold Cars is possibly the greatest peice of songwriting since 'Ebony and Ivory') but a bit rude for some, proceed with Caution
Gary Numans Angling Almanac - Not au fait
So what about Melvis Parchment, and is Graham Oxby real? I also went to 'Babbies Yed and Peas Wet' and this led me on a culinary trail to literally tens of sites relating to lonely heart foods.
Is this all the work of one man? Or One man and his dog? Or three men? Or..well you get my drift.
Contributions please....
Cheers

#35964 07/27/10 04:12 PM
Not forgetting ProgFoxx... laugh

#35965 07/27/10 05:05 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Cool.
Craig - I have not heard of some of those.

Did try to put a discography together once.
remind me to dig it out

Little Stiffy and the semi-ons...?

The League Unlimited

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#35966 07/28/10 09:13 AM
C
Craig Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Hi Martin, haven't heard of 'Little Stiffy' laugh will give them a look. Oh yeah, ProgFoxx, cheers Brian. Tell you what guys - there's a body of work out there - Louis should include this in his retrospective.
Keep em coming
Cheers

#35967 07/28/10 06:36 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Anyold cars shamefully has only 60-odd plays on myspace??? eek eek

Come on guys, treat yer sen laugh

http://www.myspace.com/shadygradythecrumbs

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#35968 07/28/10 08:17 PM
Anyold Cars It's flippin insane,well worth a listen laugh

#35969 08/17/10 11:33 AM
lou has some under a very home made looking black spot records my space too . life is like an ocean is on there . hands up if you would like to see closed gone fishing as a free download as we may get that together . bung it on soundcloud or similar be well all
Al

#35970 08/17/10 08:31 PM
Some of the classic "Gone Fishing" tracks are being scrubbed up shiny new and will be put out on Lou's retrospective "Reversing Into The Future" album next year so it's probably not a great time to give 'em away Al wink

There's around 200 of Lou's tracks in the Toffeetones tape archives now, a lot of which we hope to release on CD or give away through his label.

Trouble is, as soon as I put down another ten, another CD arrives from Longwave. The man's unstoppable cool

#35971 08/19/10 09:19 AM
ok scrub that we have often talked about it recently and I spose he was a bit squiffy when we decided it would be a good idea and what with chris having about 40 copies that i forgot about still for sale which can be bought folks ...! direct from the miller himself ... get em while they still exist

#35972 08/19/10 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Craig:
Hi Martin, haven't heard of 'Little Stiffy' laugh will give them a look. Oh yeah, ProgFoxx, cheers Brian. Tell you what guys - there's a body of work out there - Louis should include this in his retrospective.
Keep em coming
Cheers
little stiffy and the semi ons was made for nozstock festival in bromyard which should be on your bucket list .. matt gunn lou and a delightful luvverly fella on trombone whom I forget the name of .. they did jeckyll and hyde i seem to remember and mrs noz thought they were ace

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.