Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
As many of you know, I'm working on the new Media Archive (among other things) for metamatic.com.

Not surprisingly, there is a noticeable gap in press, media, web-based stuff that relates to the Nation 12 period (c1990 - 1992) so I thought I'd put out an appeal for material.

Did no-one AT THE TIME catch on that Nation 12 featured John Foxx??? eek
Remember at least was relatively successful in the clubs, and the B-side Listen to the Drummer even more so - which makes me think there must be something, somewhere.

What about on the game scene? Gods and Speedball were high-profile releases - how were the soundtracks rated?
Were they ever reviewed anywhere?

Any takers?

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Hi B

Actually, I had no idea John was involved with N12 back in the day.

I think my knowledge of what John did after IMW and before Shifting City is probably on a par with most others.

Essentially he just disappeared from sight!

I can vaguely remember reading a couple of pieces on Nation 12 in Sounds at the time but definitely didn't clock any mention of JF.

Based on the music alone, I also wouldn't have connected him with the project.

Just fyi.

(Imagine a little helmeted Viking smiley here)

Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
I agree - me neither! I never even heard of Nation 12 until Foxx resurfaced in '97...

It just seems (at least to me) 'unlikely' that no-one in the music press made the association

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
I vaguely vaguely vaguely remember something in Q, but that's about it. Sorry I can't help you Martin.

I've had a dig through some of the old copies of Sound on Sound & other music stuff from that period but there are no mentions.

I did find something else I'd thought lost though so its not been a wasted journey.

Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
Cool

I always say that the best way to find something is to stop looking for it! wink

Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
I vaguely vaguely vaguely remember something in Q, but that's about it. Sorry I can't help you Martin.
You'd be right!

John was (briefly) interviewed for the "Where Are They Now" feature
in Issue 53 - Feb 1991

Thanks to Mark for providing the clue to this one cool

Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
eek

Replying to your own post is SUCH bad form :rolleyes:

Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
eek

Replying to your own post is SUCH bad form :rolleyes:
No, I don't think so...although quoting yourself probably is.. wink

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.