Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#35462 10/22/07 12:33 PM
Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
I've heard of Blitz, and perhaps even read about it in the past, probably on EV.

However I realise that it is something I haven't touched upon, anywhere on my Quiet City website, so I think it deserves a mention - probably in the biography section.

So who can tell me:

- what and when was the Blitz project?
- who was involved?
- did any now-known Foxx tracks come out of it?

Thanks
Alex

#35463 10/22/07 01:52 PM
It wasn't a project, but The Blitz was a club in London, run by Steve Strange, and was a place for people who wanted something other than the grey new wave and punk outlets that were prevalant, with the look, the music and the fashions becoming what is now known as the New Romantic movement. Midge and Billy Currie, along with people like Rusty Egan, were involved and were part of that scene - obviously, these connections in turn led to the collboration that became Visage. To my knowledge, John had nothing to do with the Blitz - by the time that this came to pass, he was following a very different direction that was to give 'Metamatic' and 'The Garden' later on.

The key books to read on this are Steve Strange's autobiography and also Boy George's two memoir books. A little trashy, but thoroughly entertaining views as to what was going on in London during the early 80s.

Hope this helps.

EG

#35464 10/22/07 01:55 PM
Midge's book has a section on The Blitz also.

#35465 10/22/07 02:09 PM
Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
Aaah, thanks guys. I must have been getting me wires crossed somewhere!

#35466 10/22/07 02:11 PM
Also look back on some of the 'Visage' threads at EV, where i think there may be some information.

[Edit] Just noticed we have about 100 threads on the Visage boards at EV. Information on a particular subject seems to mix slightly through all threads though, as with most forums. IMO its some of the best facts and personal memories about Visage, on the net.

#35467 10/22/07 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
I've heard of Blitz, and perhaps even read about it in the past, probably on EV.

However I realise that it is something I haven't touched upon, anywhere on my Quiet City website, so I think it deserves a mention - probably in the biography section.

So who can tell me:

- what and when was the Blitz project?
- who was involved?
- did any now-known Foxx tracks come out of it?

Thanks
Alex
Hi Alex!

Blitz was a band with John, Paul and Robin Simon and Sue Rachel (Humania). It was happen in early 90'ies.

But you can read the explanation of this on Extreme Voice. Please look under Robin Simon section - then you will find a topic called Blitz. Paul Simon himself told something about this band project... INTERESTING!!!

Would be great if we could listen to this tape Paul have mentioned...
smile

Cheers, Andreas

#35468 10/22/07 05:34 PM
Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you Andreas - this sounds more familiar! i didn't think I had imagined it.

#35469 10/22/07 05:44 PM
Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
Oh yes, here it is!!!

http://www.ultravox.org.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=17;t=000014

"Sailing On Sunshine"!!! eek eek
Crikey!!

#35470 10/22/07 06:02 PM
How could we forget this :rolleyes: Paul came in and was very helpful regarding info. Nice to see a past post from the local cheese fan too. wink

#35471 10/22/07 06:43 PM
I'd read it back then & I completely forgot it laugh

I see Tony Lowe is mentioned.I got a friend request from him a few weeks ago,it mentions he worked with John.

Anyone know what he worked on besides Blitz?

Apologies in advance for going off topic.

Brian

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.