Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 125 1 2 3 4 5 124 125
Ivan. I was surprised to see an all English Champions League match on RaiUno prime time last night .. as you will be aware they're usually so campanilisti when it comes to footy .. but I imagine they had some important advertising contracts to fulfil so were forced to show it sans Italians.. wink

I
OP Offline
I
Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
Ivan. I was surprised to see an all English Champions League match on RaiUno prime time last night .. as you will be aware they're usually so campanilisti when it comes to footy .. but I imagine they had some important advertising contracts to fulfil so were forced to show it sans Italians.. wink
I didn't watch it Arsenal against the match fixers wasn't it ?

Cheers Ivan,

Fantastic article guv – very funny and well-written; nice one! Off to give it a second reading now. ‘Bouffon du Jour’ – hilarious!

Um…sadly – no I didn’t know what the German was for cyclist (or the Italian for Dometiques), so cheers for that.

We also have our own particular player to use as an irony parameter; Paul Robinson. I hate being hard on the guy but just how much rope do we need to give him?

I'm not still reacting badly to Sunday's game - I just want every player to hand back his wages for that week and be publically flogged. I'll stop at having their heads placed on spikes on Tower Bridge - but only because this would make headers and set-pieces quite difficult.

I
OP Offline
I
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
Cheers Ivan,

Fantastic article guv – very funny and well-written; nice one! Off to give it a second reading now. ‘Bouffon du Jour’ – hilarious!

Um…sadly – no I didn’t know what the German was for cyclist (or the Italian for Dometiques), so cheers for that.

We also have our own particular player to use as an irony parameter; Paul Robinson. I hate being hard on the guy but just how much rope do we need to give him?

I'm not still reacting badly to Sunday's game - I just want every player to hand back his wages for that week and be publically flogged. I'll stop at having their heads placed on spikes on Tower Bridge - but only because this would make headers and set-pieces quite difficult.
Glad you liked it Irony of ironies you as a Lahndaner and me as a Mickey Mouser I bet you had you shell suit and curly wig on last night , shouting for the RS , whilst I sat there in silence with my Nick Hornby T shirt on , willing The Arse to win
After your other post ; I think I'll dig some Neu ! stuff out on Youtube
Btw your can imagine the Pompey bell end with the bell enjoying all the attention at Le Tour can't you ?
Re Robinson , no way can he be as bad as Richard Wright !!!
Bit drastic with your punishment (Maybe not ensuring premier status for The Barcodes ) They can stil make amends on the last day of the season tho !!!!
PS Does Anthony Gardner cat really exist Or is he just a figment of our collective imagination ?!

I
OP Offline
I
Quote:
Originally posted by Ivan Basso:
Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
[b] Ivan. I was surprised to see an all English Champions League match on RaiUno prime time last night .. as you will be aware they're usually so campanilisti when it comes to footy .. but I imagine they had some important advertising contracts to fulfil so were forced to show it sans Italians.. wink
I didn't watch it Arsenal against the match fixers wasn't it ? [/b]
I bet your evening was ruined You had your case of Fidel beer and were all set to watch Lino Banfi or some such ! smile

Sorry Ivan – but you’re right!

I was singing ‘L-I-V-E-R-P-O-O-L-Liverpool FC!’ when they got one in. I want the Sc*m to win absolutely nothing this season – it’s not just years of local rivalry (well…it might be..), but this thinking that you should deliberately throw away silverware because you think you’ve got bigger fish to fry is an insult to the fans who paid to watch the games and an insult to football. Bolton did exactly the same and that didn’t pay off either – deservedly so. Throwing prestigious cup games away because you can’t be bothered? That’s just unacceptable – I really hope they get nothing from this season.

Drastic!? Moi? As Oscar Wildde once said ‘To lose by one goal to the Barcodes may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose by four looks like absolute stupidity…you useless bunch of overpaid %$&^%$&”

Re-Pompey – yes I can! Perhaps Didi Senft’ll turn up in blue this year with a red pitchfork!

Anthony Gardner makes Scott Walker look like a publicity seeking one-man media-frenzy…and that’s when he’s on the pitch

Quote:
I didn't watch it Arsenal against the match fixers wasn't it ?
Quote:
I bet your evening was ruined You had your case of Fidel beer and were all set to watch Lino Banfi or some such ! smile
Moi? No watched 'Life On Mars' on BBC Prime which appropriately was the episode centred on the Man Utd vs Man City match where a Man U supporter gets murdered beforehand.
Gene had all the best lines as usual "If my Uncle had t*ts would be be my Aunty?" plus all the usual seventies references ("There'll never be a woman prime minister in this country while I've still got a hole in my ar**..." Class!)
Nice chicken-in-a-basket reference although I did also spot the use of a yellow "post-it" which I don't think were around in 1973, n'est-pas?

I
OP Offline
I
Alright mate
Were Dennis "darnt' Lern" last Saturday to see his beloved Trotters ?

Today I shall be listening to Leonard Cohen's "Chelsea Hotel" by way of thanks for last night laugh

Quote:
Alright mate
Were Dennis "darnt' Lern" last Saturday to see his beloved Trotters ?

Today I shall be listening to Leonard Cohen's "Chelsea Hotel" by way of thanks for last night laugh
Gawd knows - if he did go 'Dahn ver Lane' he would of been bored senseless.

Can't deny I wanted Liverpool to win (SORRY!) but wouldn't of denied Lampard that penalty either.

So - when are you signing Riise? Your player of the year surely? wink

erm, 'scuse me...which way to the Russian embassy guv? gotta get me visa innit...

Page 3 of 125 1 2 3 4 5 124 125

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.