Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#15619 05/02/10 07:26 PM
Administrator
Administrator
May 2nd 1980 - Curtis last stand with Joy Division.

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#15620 11/16/10 08:02 PM
The Factory Cash Cow is offering more milk...

Rhino Records UK / Warner Music are proud to announce the release of '+ -" (plus minus) - a unique JOY DIVISION retrospective box set consisting of 10 7" singles on vinyl presented in a beautiful clamshell box. All tracks have been newly re-mastered from original tapes by Stephen Morris and Frank Arkwright (Metropolis Studios) with creative direction for '+ -" box set artwork coming from Peter Saville.

Compiled by renowned journalist and author Jon Savage, the boxset is released in celebration of Ian Curtis - in the year that is the 30th anniversary of his death. +- includes 7"'s which have previously been issued and some which have been created specifically for this release. Although they released two albums in two years - "Unknown Pleasures" (1979) and "Closer" (1980), JOY DIVISION recorded many other tracks throughout their career that were released on stand-alone singles - most notably 'Transmission" and 'Love Will Tear Us Apart". +- brings these singles, and more, together in one place. Anyone purchasing the physical box will have the opportunity to download (for free) all the tracks in hi quality mp3 format.

As a co-founder of the legendary independent label FACTORY RECORDS Peter Saville leant his eyes to the project providing stunning outer packaging and suggesting the concept for the sleeves. Each cover is based upon its original and - as a snapshot of a band and a time - serves to remind the owner of the unique position Joy Division hold in British musical history.

+- boxes are individually numbered 1-5000. Numbers 1-500 will be available as a super deluxe version and will contain a limited edition Peter Saville art piece as well as two exclusive promotional CD’s “+” and “-“.

http://www.rhino.co.uk/store/products,-plus-minus-standard_39546.htm

#15621 11/16/10 08:45 PM

#15622 11/16/10 08:51 PM
Quote:
I've seen it all now!!!!

#15623 11/16/10 10:14 PM
I
I
But where might I purchase The Joy Division Oven Gloves ?

#15624 11/17/10 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Ivan Basso:
But where might I purchase The Joy Division Oven Gloves ?
laugh

#15625 11/17/10 11:52 AM
You could try Mr. N. Blackwell, somewhere near Prenton Park, Birkenhead, Merseyside - I'm sure he'll have a few spare pairs lying around.

On somebody's YouTube video for another HMHB song there's a picture of Ian Curtis wearing oven gloves with the catalogue number FAC 225°C on them!

Ô¿Ô

#15626 11/17/10 12:24 PM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
The Factory Cash Cow is offering more milk...
They're still milking The Beatles' Cash Cow with everything now being released on i-tunes (from one Apple to another it would seem) . .so JD still have come way to go.

#15627 11/17/10 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Stringy Bob:
You could try Mr. N. Blackwell, somewhere near Prenton Park, Birkenhead, Merseyside - I'm sure he'll have a few spare pairs lying around.

On somebody's YouTube video for another HMHB song there's a picture of Ian Curtis wearing oven gloves with the catalogue number FAC 225°C on them!

Ô¿Ô
Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
Quote:
[b] The Factory Cash Cow is offering more milk...
They're still milking The Beatles' Cash Cow with everything now being released on i-tunes (from one Apple to another it would seem) . .so JD still have come way to go. [/b]
Did you guys ever see the Joy Division New Balance trainers a few years ago? Oh My - that was the start - I mean, never mind oven gloves...F**KING Trainers - I mean - when did Curtis ever wander round a running track??????????? eek

#15628 11/25/10 07:03 PM
T
T
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Stringy Bob:
[b] You could try Mr. N. Blackwell, somewhere near Prenton Park, Birkenhead, Merseyside - I'm sure he'll have a few spare pairs lying around.

Ô¿Ô
Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
Quote:
[b] The Factory Cash Cow is offering more milk...
They're still milking The Beatles' Cash Cow with everything now being released on i-tunes (from one Apple to another it would seem) . .so JD still have come way to go. [/b]
Did you guys ever see the Joy Division New Balance trainers a few years ago? Oh My - that was the start - I mean, never mind oven gloves...F**KING Trainers - I mean - when did Curtis ever wander round a running track??????????? eek

[/b]
Did these actually exist? It sounds too much like a joke. Please tell me it was just a joke... please...

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.